Paying CJRS Grants back

Added 16 September 2020

Find out how to pay all or some of your grant back if you have over claimed, or if you do not need the grant and want to make a voluntary repayment.

If you have claimed too much through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, or you would like to make a voluntary repayment because you do not want or need the grant to pay your employees' wages, tax and national insurance and pension contributions, you can either:

- correct it in your next claim (your new claim will be reduced, and you will need to keep a record of the adjustment for six years).
- get a payment reference number and pay HMRC back within 30 days (only if you are not making another claim).

For more information see:

If you would like assistance, don't hesitate to contact us.